2011-02-01

Ibanez DT-350 Black (Pre-Owned)



Features:
The Ibanez Destroyer star-shape was made in 1985 in Japan. It's basically a destroyer with a triangle cut from the butt. It's a lock on the solid basswood with a black binder. The neck has 22 medium frets, and I suspect is the old Ibanez X contour love / loved to put on their DT / X Series I saw the color in three varieties, dark green (the one I have), red and black. It features 2 humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone and a 3-way toggle switch. The Bridge is an archaic Ibanez Rokr Pro preceding the Floyd Rose, but tries to fill the same function as a floating vibrato with turnbuckles. The nut is a nut and archaic, a combination of a fine black (plastic?) Nut followed by a kind of nut against the doll, which also serves as a tree line.

Sound:
Many players believe that the more body mass expresses more of tone, and I'm such a player. The body is more resonant than playing unplugged strategy type body. But you do not buy an electric guitar to play unplugged. When I bought this guitar 25 years ago, it did not come with stock pickups. In fact, the pickups have no make or model on them, so I'm hard to give you any specific details about them. The tone is as FAP but with an output but less and a little more twang. I will not go into details of these pickups because they are not in stock. The pick-up that should have come from actions were Ibanez V-Blade microphones that tells me is very hot. I'm sure there are many online resources to address those of leisure. Personally, I intend to share my current setup with a 59 and SH Duncan. The archaic Rokr Ibanez tremolo is a pain in the buttocks. Tensioners are bulky and thumb screws I removed them so I could keep my palm on the bridge cleared. Never consider doing anything associated with the bridge whammy. It is built like a tank, but it is as reliable as the trial of a drunk. Can not blame him if he is older than the Floyd Rose. Trial and error, you know? The current Ibanez Edge 2 and 3 do not seem to have much praise from the public either.


Action, Fit & Finish:
I have the guitar in a quite large considering it has survived for 80 years. Little bumps, either. The paint is still fully intact, which I think says something about the quality of the finish. The neck was straight as an arrow too, and the frets are still completely playable at each position. The link is also fully intact and not peeling from anywhere. They just do not do now as of old Ibanez!


Reliability and Durability:
I have gigged with this guitar.
I love him like a brother. It is made for concerts! This is a guitar-shaped star that it is made to raise the eyebrows and a crowd pleaser! Would you expect less of a guitar made in the 80's? The strap buttons are solid and I did not have the electronics fail on me during all concerts. As I mentioned above, 25 years and the finish is still in great shape with no scratches or bumps into the varnish. If I lost this guitar or broken, I would be deeply upset and try to get my hands on another. I'm giving it a 10 because it was 25 years old to die or wear out quickly and he refused.

Impression:
I play mostly classic rock through the heavy metal.
This guitar is my jewel for those styles. Everything fits. I like the balance of the guitar, I like the gloss on the neck, which remains smooth during the game (honestly can not explain this). I played through a Blackstar HT5, Marshall JCM2000, JCM800 Marshall, Carvin X100B, 60 Voodoo Crate, Marshall MG100, and Hughes & Kettner 30DFX and it sounds pretty good with the pickups mystery of the previous owner installed. I constantly switch between the DT350 and my Carvin Bolt T when I practice and I love to go back to the DT350. In fact, the DT350 is leagues better than the newer DT200 I also had for a while. I prefer it to strats, explorers, V (yes, Gibson). It's just my kind of guitar, and I am deeply upset that Ibanez stopped them after two years of production, and now his place is [what I consider to be] the Xiphos stupid-looking. I recently commissioned a luthier to build a replica of the DT350 with a fixed bridge and a 24 fret neck AANJ. These are my only two real problems with the guitar, and I hope to build my favorite ax with my favorite features. This guitar is my kind of guitar, and I guess to each their own, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment